Present: P. Schmitt, Leuenberger, Glass, Schroeder, and K. Schmitt. Absent: None
Paul Herold called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Tom Madden updated Council on the Lagoon Project. He is currently waiting for the construction permit, and then we will be ready to submit bids. The plan is for work to begin Spring, 2022, with substantial completion by August, 2023.
On the 2nd Well Project, CDBG application went in on 10/1/2021, and awards will be announced November, 2021. Plans are all ready, Madden will fine tune them with Herold and Barta. Plan to bid by end of March, 2021. Will need to have Alliant run 3-phase power across the river to the site.
Ron Franzen and Jay Schwamann spoke on behalf of the Fire Department to start discussing purchase of a new truck and renovations to the fire station. Current Tanker is a 1995, and they are looking both new and used. Washington Township will partner on the truck purchase, but the fire station renovation would be the city responsibility. Council explained with the Lagoon Project and 2nd Well, it would be difficult to add another project and burden the taxpayers even more. More discussion will be needed.
Greg Barta will remove some trees from the park yet this year, but would like to spread out the sand left from the flood in the spring. We did not get any funding from the flood to assist with cleanup. Cooler in the community center quit working. Greg will haul out with Skidloader, but need to be pricing a new one. On the USDA funding for the HVAC, prices have increased 18% since we quoted, putting our share a little over $20,000. Discussed submitting to NEIA Community Foundation to assist with our portion. Erdman Surveying has not come to do the surveying at the Oak Hill Cemetery yet. Need to follow up with them for expected timeframe.
Motion was made by K. Schmitt, seconded by Leuenberger, to approve September 1, 2021 Minutes, September Clerk Reports and Monthly bills as presented. All Aye. Carried.
After last meeting, there was some question on the nuisances sited within the community that had not complied with original complaint. Paul Schmitt will review which ones are not cleaned up and contact Johansen to invoice those not yet in compliance. If not paid in 30 days, the amount will be assessed to taxes.
No building permits were submitted.
Motion was made by Glass, seconded by Schroeder, to approve Resolution 327, Amending the City of Fort Atkinson Critical Facilities and Project in the Winneshiek County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan. All Aye. Carried.
Discussed Solar Ordinance and Council would like to get one in place. K. Schmitt will talk with Marv Smith and also get the county ordinance. Johansen provided Calmar’s and will check Fayette.
Barta had the town sprayed for mosquitos right before Rendezvous Days, and it did help for a short time. Cost was approximately $500.
Discussed flood and bridge damage as well as property damage along the bank. Winneshiek EMA submitted a county wide application for the losses, but was not granted any cleanup funding. Property owners are proceeding with Mason City D.O.T. as the bank is washing away their property.
There has been some complaints to Council regarding residents not cleaning up after their pets. Ordinance 55.17 states owner is required to immediately remove animal waste when anywhere off owner’s property.
Trick or Treating is set for October 31, 2021 from 4-7p.m. for the City of Fort Atkinson.
Next meeting will be November 3, 2021 at 7pm in the Community Center. Motion to adjourn was made by K. Schmitt, seconded by Leuenberger. All Aye. Carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m..
- Acentek – Phone $329.32
- Alliant – Electric $2,350.81
- Anderson Law – Legal $303.50
- Badger Meter – Fees $46.32
- Baker & Taylor – Books $45.54
- Bank Iowa – HSA Contribution $200.00
- Bodensteiner – Mower Repair $179.06
- CE Stone Refrigeration – Repair $304.50
- Calmar Courier – Publishing $219.03
- Camp-Site RV – Rent Trailer $29.95
- Capital One – Hotel $354.35
- FED/FICA Taxes $2,359.46
- City Laundering – Towels, Soap $531.45
- Darin Barta – Rent $70.00
- David Huinker – Computer Repair $214.00
- DEMCO – Supplies $514.05
- Donna’s Painting $275.00
- Farmer’s Union Coop – Roundup $90.00
- Fort Atkinson Rentals – Rent $90.00
- Franzen Sales – UPS, Repairs $108.88
- Greg Barta – Sanitizer $27.65
- Hawkeye Sanitation – Contract $4,340.48
- Hawkins – Chemicals $545.77
- HGTV – Subscription $34.97
- Hoopla – Books $450.00
- Huber’s – Supplies $166.66
- Iowa Dept of Revenue – Sales Tax $832.28
- Iowa One Call – Locates $6.30
- Iowa Pump Works – Repair $905.00
- IPERS – $1,793.13
- John Deere – Supplies $139.39
- Keystone – Testing $127.30
- Laura Thomas – Mileage $110.78
- MacQueen – Foam $560.00
- Marv Smith – Repairs $486.93
- Mediacom – Internet $470.59
- Mick Gage – Restrooms $273.00
- Mike Ondrashek – Hauling $85.00
- Novak Insurance – Surety Bond $123.00
- OverDrive – Bridges $362.82
- Post Office – Postage $80.00
- Riley’s – Toner $155.99
- Schimberg – Flood Gate by Dike $3,062.64
- Storey Kenworthy – Checks $330.00
- Treasurer, State of Iowa – Taxes $768.00
- US Cellular – Phones $124.11
- UERPC – Grant Admin $228.02
- USA BlueBook – Supplies $595.76
- Waukee Library – Frames $5.00
- Wellmark – Insurance $518.80
- Winn Co Treasurer – Taxes $4.00
- Zells – Repairs $315.02
- Payroll $7,479.69
- Totals $34,123.30
|General||$ 22,660.61||$ 20,884.33|
|Hist Preserv||$ 200.00|
|Road Use||$ 739.37||$ 0|
|Employee Benefits||$ 718.80||$ 2,707.09|
|Capital Proj||$||$ 0|
|Local Opt.||$ 0||$ 0|
|Water||$ 6,708.22||$ 5,151.85|
|2nd Well||$ 120.11||$30,000.00|
|Sewer||$ 2,948.17||$ 8,465.05|
|Total||$ 34,123.30||$ 89,909.84|