Regular Meeting – February 3, 2021
Present: P. Schmitt, Leuenberger, Glass, Schroeder, and K. Schmitt Absent: None
Mayor Paul Herold called the zoom meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Ron Franzen and Jay Schwamann were also in attendance, and spoke on behalf of the Certified Local Government committee.
The CLG has reappointed Ron Franzen and Marie Riha for another 2-year term ending 2022. Council thanked them for continuing to serve on the committee.
Barta is researching AED CPR packs for the Library, and would like to use the $1,000 ICAP grant and possibly library funds to purchase. NICC sells for $1,449.00. Council agreed to use the grant to purchase.
Motion was made by Schroeder, seconded by Glass, to approve January 6, 2021 Council Minutes, January Clerk Reports and Monthly Bills as presented. All Aye. Carried.
No updates on the Sewer Lagoon Project, probably looking at an April letting date.
On 2nd Well Project, survey is recorded and City Attorney will draw up purchase agreement.
Luana Savings Bank has agreed to hold the 2.70% interest on the remaining $210,000 GO Bond for the Lagoon Land. City will make 7 annual payments of $33,375 starting 2-1-2022. Council discussed paying some with Debt Service and some with Franchise Fees to free up the sewer fund. Motion to approve was made by P. Schmitt, seconded by Leuenberger. All Aye. Carried.
Reviewed the budget and Max Proposed Tax Levy set at $12.535 prior to Debt Service Levy. K. Schmitt made a motion to set the Public Hearing for February 22, 2021 at 7pm via zoom meeting, Glass seconded. All Aye. Carried.
Halina from NEIA RC&D contacted Johansen to relook at the Community Facilities Program that was started prior to the COVID pandemic. We need to create a steering committee to meet and discuss potential projects within the community. Ron Franzen advised the Businessman’s Association will be doing a mailer soon, and they would be happy to incorporate information with their packet. P. Schmitt, K. Schmitt, Barta, Glass, and Leuenberger would all be interested in being on the committee. Johansen will get a letter drawn up for Barta to get to Franzen.
Received the grant application for Winneshiek County Area Solid Waste grant we have used in the past for cleanup day. K. Schmitt will write the grant again. Decided to set a cleanup date at next meeting.
Discussed the SEH quote for plotting the cemetery, which we feel is high. Herold will send it out for quote to a couple other companies.
Motion was made by K. Schmitt, seconded by Schroeder, to approve FY22 donations the same as we had for FY21 as follows: Winneshiek County Development and Tourism $500; Turkey River Watershed $250; and NEIA Community Action $349. All Aye. Carried.
Next meeting will be February 22, 2021 at 7pm via zoom meeting. Motion to adjourn was made by Glass, seconded by Leuenberger. All Aye. Carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
- Acentek – Phone $492.06
- Alliant – Electric $1,955.21
- Badger Meter – Fees $46.32
- Baker & Taylor – Books $97.42
- Bank Iowa – HSA Contribution $200.00
- Bell’s Fire Stop – Service $93.75
- Calmar Courier – Publishing $90.09
- FED/FICA Taxes $1,666.81
- CJ’s Trophies – Plate $4.00
- Consolidated Energy – Fuel $1179.70
- Darin Barta – Rent $70.00
- Farmers Union Co-op – Salt $53.75
- Fort Atkinson Rentals – Rent $90.00
- Franzen Sales – Supplies $84.02
- Greg Barta – Avast $233.17
- Gundersen – Drug Test Fees $274.00
- Hawkeye Sanitation – Garbage $3989.76
- Huber’s – Supplies $78.78
- IAMU – NISA $219.18
- Iowa Dept of Revenue – Sales Tax $759.89
- IPERS – $1,217.70
- Kahn Tile – Tiles $87.50
- Keystone Lab – Testing $159.50
- Krivachek Janitorial – Supplies $112.00
- Lee’s Repair – Skidloader $648.50
- Luana Savings Bank – Interest $947.57
- Marie Riha – Hinges $16.77
- Marv Smith – Repairs $547.62
- Mediacom – Internet $245.11
- MPLC – Movie License $142.24
- Napa – Headlight $18.98
- Novak – Surety Bond $100.00
- Post Office – Billing Postage $70.00
- Reilly Construction – Supplies $97.11
- Safety Xtreme – Work Coats $185.26
- SEH – Well Engr. $6,088.42
- Wellmark – Insurance $518.80
- Payroll 6085.88
- Totals $26,061.46
|General||$ 12,806.55||$ 2,349.42|
|Road Use||$ 1,277.37||$|
|Employee Benefits||$ 1,673.55||$ 24.07|
|Capital Proj||$||$ 0|
|Local Opt.||$||$ 0|
|Water||$ 4,004.03||$ 4,935.77|
|2nd Well||$ 6,088.42||$|
|Sewer||$ 2,487.20||$ 8,595.24|
|Library||$ 0||$ 30.00|
|Total||$ 29,305.46||$ 15,937.07|